Friday, September 23, 2011

What type of shampoo or conditioner is best for my toy poodle?

My toy poodle is black with a white chest. His color is dull. I'm looking for something to shine his coat up and leave it soap and maybe silky. It is my first dog and when goes outside to do his business, I really really hate that outdoor, doggy smell. So I guess you could say that bath him often.|||You only need to condition a poodles hair when it needs it. Bathing your poodle once a week is perfectly fine, we have many regulars that get bathed weekly. I own a miniature poodle and he gets a bathe every week but only conditioned once a month (depends on coat). It can make the coat too soft and tangle and matt easily. I would suggest a light spray of coat conditioner that you mist the coat with after the bath and rub in with your fingers. Petedge.com is a great place to find products and I especially love therapet brand shampoos, conditioners and cologne (they come in matching fragrances). Never, never, never use human bathing prod. on your dog, they have an entirely different PH balance than we do!|||His coat may be dull because your bathing him too much. I have two small dogs, one is a Bichon and the puppy is a Bichon/Poodle mix. When they go I put them in the kitchen sink and just wash their feet and their bum so they are clean to go on beds and furniture. When I shampoo them which is once a week, I use Crazy Dog Baby Powder Shampoo. Its awesome and smells great. They also have a spray in the same scent that you can spray on them at any time. I usually find it at PetCo. Good luck|||You know I have always used a shampoo and conditioner on my dogs when I give them a bath. Shampoo and conditioner that we would use. My cocker is always real soft and you can actually brush thru her hair when I use that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment