Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Any ideas on how to make a dog toy made from old socks?

I have a bunch of old socks and i was wondering if anyone had a good idea for how to make dog toys or toy from them. Should I tie a bunch together like a rope? Any ideas?|||My brother look a tennis ball, put it in a sock, and tied it up. Or just stick a bunch of other socks in one sock.|||I too, used to tie socks together for my dogs to pull and rip apart. Haven't done it since becoming a vet tech though. I've worked at an emergency clinic for 10 years and the number of dogs i've seen with foreign body socks is ridiculous!! I wouldn't use them unless you're prepared to pay for surgery in the event of accidental ingestion.|||take 2 tube socks and some tennis balls or the dogs favorite treats. put one ball (or treats) in each sock and tie the ends together.





WARNING! be vary careful not to use string or anything that the dog can choke on. if they swallow string it can get caught in the tummy or intestines and cause the dog to die. i have heard of this happening, and i would never want it to happen if it could have been prevented!





Good luck with the toys :)|||I too have heard some horror stories about dogs eating socks. So I'm not sure I would suggest offering them up as a dog toy, but then again, who is to say your dog won't get themselves into so other thing that can harm them. I stick with any of the Kong brand dog toys. I think they are so nondestructive and dogs of all ages and breeds love them! If you are looking for some new toys for your dog, check out, TheNewYorkDogShop.com, http://store.thenewyorkdogshop.com/toysa鈥?/a> They have a huge selection of all sorts of toys! Hope this helps!|||I'd be careful giving you dog a toy made out of socks because you don't want them chewing on other socks you haven't planned on using for toys. Dog doesn't know the difference between socks used in toys or good socks.|||you could tie them together like a rope or just tie knots in the middle, either way would work, dunno what else you could do with them though|||Braid them together, sew them with a strong thread, small stitches so the string will not hurt them, IF they would eat it.|||I put an old sock through a small kong that my puppy outgrew and now he swings it around at the park. if your dog starts eating them, take it away but they're fun to play tug with|||You could tie knots in it or put old tennis balls in the socks! :)|||I've tied socks together like a rope before. They loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment