Friday, September 23, 2011

What are some good home made rat toy ideas?

They have a proper rat wheel but just chew it, they have two houses but these aren't much fun, they have chew toys but got bored of them quite quickly... what can I do to make their cage fun?! It's quite big so don't worry about the size of the toy.


Thanks!|||One of my favorite activites to do with my rats is to fill a small baking dish (usualy one of those glass ones) with some room temp water. I put frozen peas (defrosted) or corn in the water. This activity can be messy - so I put down a towel, and let my rats 'dive' for peas. It's really quite cute to watch them. Some will really dive in there to get the peas, some stick their head under, but most of my guys like to fish around with their hands to see if they can pull one up without getting too wet. Also check out the dapper rat web page. She has tons, I mean TONS of ideas that are cheap/free. I'll add the link. Have Fun!|||I save all the cardboard items, and always change them out for the rats to chew on. Cereal boxes, cardboard egg cartons, paper towel tubes, everything gets thrown into the rat cage. Besides the wheel, I have some wooden branches in there that they can climb on, some bird ladders, chew toys (the type you would get for birds), I also throw in misc. pieces of wood they like to chew on. They also have some hammocks to lounge in, they love these. Mostly, tho, I think they like to come out and play, so I take them out as much as I can.|||hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...well i had hampsters put like regular paper in the cage and see the next morning what happens!!!i luv it|||BIRD TOYS|||I've heard that they like to climb (our cage isn't tall enough for this), so you might put either a leaning branch or a structure in for them to try this on.|||We always gave our rats toilet paper tubes - they'd crawl through them and over them ... it was fun to watch ... eventually they chew them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment