Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do you manage your dog's toy and bone?

My house look like a war zone. Impossible to change room without tripping on a dog toy or bone. I keep his toys in a basket he can reach and he picks what he wants. I am sure this is not the way to do it!|||Yeah, a basket is pretty much the only solution that i could think of. It's not the best thing though because of course they have to take every single one out every time you put them away. Lol. You can just keep a few toys out and one or two bones and wait until they are gone to give your dog more. Try teaching it to put it's toys back. If it's a puppy it shouldn't be too hard. I've tried doing this with my 5 year old dog though and it didn't work very well. lol|||I have a basket (like you!) in the family room which houses all their toys. My dogs go in and take whatever toys they want from the basket throughout the day. I did teach them to put their toys back. My Saint will carry her toys and drop them directly outside the basket, but that is good enough for me. My Newfie will drop her toys back into the basket. I started to teach them this when they were just little pups, now all I have to say is "clean up" and they will put their toys away. Friends and family get big kicks out of the ordeal :)|||I've given up. I've tried keeping all of the toys in a basket, but that has just resulted in my dogs taking out all of the toys and leaving an empty basket in the middle of my floor. Oh, dogs....gotta love em!|||Hehe, my poodle has the same issue except for balls. We bought her a big container of 50 balls and for awhile left it on the floor until she realized that she could tip it over and have all the balls she wanted.





Now we just keep the container out of reach and change out the colors occasionally, we'll pull it down every few days and let her pick out a new one to play with, and she loves it. Although all the balls are the same just a change of color makes her giddy.





Maybe try putting them away and exchanging toys every couple of days, that way they are always new and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment