Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is the best toy kitchen to purchase for a 1-year old girl?

My daughter used to like to play with a toy kitchen that was at her daycare when she was attending daycare a couple of months ago. I would like to buy her a toy kitchen to play with at home. However, most of the toy kitchens I have seen by Fisher Price or other manufacturers have a recommended age of 2 years or older and she just recently turned 1.|||I think the Dora the Explorer kitchen would be great. My daughter is 3 and has that, but I also have a younger son and it doesn't have any small pieces.|||Thank you everyone for all of your great answers! I feel more comfortable about deciding which kitchen to buy for my daughter now.

Report Abuse


|||eh dont overthink it...its just a reccomendation. She'll be fine, im sure she will enjoy anything. Consider removing small parts until she gets a bit older.|||I would think the dora the explorer kitchen would be good for a younger toddler. I think that playschool has a mini kitchen set designed for toddlers, Its small though. they have to sit on the floor to use it.|||I got one. It's a small unit maybe 2ft x 3ft and is for 12 mos + Let me see if I can find out the name of it.........Ok, sorry it's little tikes. I bought it at babies R us about a year and a half ago. It has a shape sorter in the fridge part and some play food and sink and stove sounds|||My daughter has the little tikes tender heart kitchen set. We got it for her when she was a year old, and the actual accessories that come with the kitchen are not small at all. When she got older, we then purchased a HUGE food set/accessory set. I love this kitchen set because it's round and fits very nicely into a corner, and it was only around $50. I know I purchased it from walmart.com, but its no longer on the site. My daughter is 3 now and it is still one of her favorite toys!!!!!!!!!|||A kitchen|||the best kitchen is the real kitchen. she can play in there with you and actually learn real things as she's going along, plus have time with you. you can even designate a low cabinet with all her equipment. imitations of life pale in comparison to the real thing.|||The only reason I would think that my daughters' (she is 2.5 now) fisher price kitchen wouldn't be ok for your daughter is because she may not be tall enough.





There is a little tykes kitchen set, I have enclosed the link, that is pretty amazing, this was my daughters first kitchen set, she got for her 1st birthday Recommended 6 to 36 months.





Second link is a "grow with me" kitchen set that is shorter also. Recommended for 1 1/2 to 5





I hope these help|||I like the ones from Pottery Barn, they're wooden, so they're really sturdy and will last a long time. My daughter was never interested in the plastic ones, but whenever we would go to a Pottery Barn Kids, she would and could play with the wooden kitchens they have there for hours. You can tether them to the wall so you don't have to worry about them falling on your daughter.





http://www.potterybarnkids.com/shop/k/pl鈥?/a>





I personally like the red retro set because it's good for both boys and girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment