Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do I get my stubborn dog to bring me back his toy after I throw it?

Every time I throw the toy, he gets it and I have to chase him to get it. I say bring it here and he just runs away again. I really need help, so if you have any Answers I'd be happy.|||The easiest ways are to


a) have a treat waiting at the other end or another toy which you can swap with the one he has or





b) put him on a lead and run him up to the toy, get him to pick it up, then run backwards calling his name and make him come right up to you and sit.





Some dogs really prefer the chase game to the whole fetch and return game! In a way he's trained you to play the game his way. And yep, I've been there too!!|||give him a treat he loves, when he brings it back... worked with my dogs|||zzzzzzzzzzzz|||Tie a string to it! That way you can pull it back to you and try it again. Not to brag, but if I can teach a cat to fetch, you most certainly can teach your dog!! Have patience and just enjoy the time spent with him/her!!|||You have now taught him that the "chasing" him is the fun part. Sit quietly with te treat %26amp; he'll come to you.|||have a treat ready for him|||I like dogs... ok now on the topic. get treats and when u throw the toy, hold the little treat in ur hand and when he/she comes, give it to him/her then gentaly give him/her a snuggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment