Friday, September 23, 2011

Need ideas & information on how to clean a CUSH stuffed toy?

Label says NOT to machine wash/dry. How do I remove a stain?


I was thinking of putting the toy in either a lingerie bag or pillowcase %26amp; washing on delicate handwash cycle of machine %26amp; drying in dryer on air/low for a few minutes %26amp; then air dry.


If you have any suggestions other than this, please help me out.


Would carpet cleaner or something similar work?|||I have machine washed all my daughters stuff animals, I washed them on delicate an dry-ed in the dryer with tennis balls. I have never had a problem with washing them. Was in cold water.





To kill dust mites in stuff animals, put in freezer bag an throw in deep freezer an leave for a couple of hours.|||If it's just one spot, I would soak the spot with any good laundry detergent, then rinse the spot and blot dry. If the problem is all over, I would soak it in a dish pan wih laundry detergent, then rinse and blot dry. A great way to blot dry is to take roll it in a dry towel, then press it gently to remove excess moisture. Hint: This works great with any piece of clothing you wish to wash separately.|||You don't say what the stain is. But, not don't use carpet cleaner on it, if a child plays with it he may put it in his mouth.There is a dry cleaning kit you can buy at the grocery store. It can be used a few times so the cost is worth it. Just rub the toy with the cloth it comes with and throw it in the bag with a few other toys and in the dryer. It works great.|||you got the right idea use a pillow case and cold water wash. yeah then air dry do not use carpet cleaner,treat it with some bar soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment