Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What kind of miniature/toy sized dog could I get in a no pets allowed apartment without being noticed?

I want a toy sized dog in my apartment and they are not allowed, what kind could I get that will not really be noticed or bark a lot so that I wont be kicked out!! Thankyou|||If dogs are not aloud in your apartment, I would highly advise you not to get one. Not for your own good, but for the good of the dog. It would not have a good life if it were constantly locked up because you couldn't risk it being seen. You need to keep in mind also, that there is a risk of him being found. If that is the case then you will have to choose most likely whether to get rid of the dog or move out. There are too many dogs already in shelters. If you are faced with that choice and have to surrender the dog, what will happen to it. If you are wanting a pet, maybe try a hamster, guinea pig, parakeet, or even a fish tank until you are in the position to provide a positive environment for a dog.|||Most small dogs bark LOTS!!!! I'd advise you to wait until you have appropriate accommodation before you get a dog. It's a big commitment and trying to hide that you have a dog will put both you and your pet under stress!|||None. If its not allowed its not allowed. If you break the rules and get caught what will happen to your dog? Owning a dog is a LIFETIME commitment, one to be take seriously. You need to provide shelter, food, shoots, time and stability. You risk these things if you get caught- you both will have to go, or you will be told you have to get rid of your dog, COMPLETELY unfair to the dog. Don't be so selfish- wait till you find a different place to live.|||i think no pets would mean no pets if you desperately want a pet move to somewhere you can have them|||While I can deeply sympathize with your want for a dog as a friend and companion I'd definitely advise against it.


I tried keeping a kitten in a no pets apartment. We got caught I was told the cat goes or we both do, I gave the cat to a childhood friend. She didn't understand that this cat had only been indoors. She let it out overnight and it was eaten by a coyote.


Instead of hunting for a dog start hunting for an affordable pet friendly apartment. Then go to the pound and get a dog that needs you.|||I live in an apartment too and I didn't want a small dog that barked a lot (or a yapper) that would disturb my neighbors, esp. when I was away or at work! I did a lot of research and came across 3-4 breeds that you might be interested in looking into. Most small dogs are yappers (they bark a lot) but the ones I'm going to tell you about are relatively quiet.





Japanese Chin


Bischon Frise


King Charles Spaniel


Papillon (some do bark a lot, but you can teach them not to)





I personally went with a Japanese Chin. I got her three weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Mine is 3 months old and weighs 2.5 lbs. There are two diff. weight classes for chins, the smaller ones (like mine) may take some effort to find, otherwise, the 'larger chins' most only get between 10-15 lbs which is still small! Mine is really quiet, she loves to give you kisses and curl up on the couch with you and watch a movie. It did take her about a week to adjust to a new home, me, etc. but any puppy goes through this. Just make sure you buy from a reputable breeder and try to get a health guarantee and take your pup to the vet to get checked out really good. Good luck to you!|||chiwawa|||The ones from Toys R Us..





don't get a real one if they are not allowed, or you will likely be in for a heartbreak..and so will the pup...If ya gotta have a dog, find another home first.|||There is no way to get around barking. I do not suggest it.|||Dude don't do it, I am lucky to have a dog in


my apartment building where no dogs are


allowed and now I have three and was never


told anything by the land lord. They do need


to be free to be a dog.





God is looking over me.|||there's a surgery that can make any dog bark-less, they can then barely bark.|||NONE THERE IS NO PETS ALLOWED; do you always break the rules? you probrably shop lift too .grow up move.|||i reccomend talking to your landlord and THEN talking to a show breeder of a small breed, they might have retired show dogs who are already housebroken, and well behaved, you might get the landlord to consent to a dog who is already prooven itself to be a good citazen and neighbor, but prepare for a big fat no,


i had three large dogs in a two bedroom appt when i was back and forth from my house in another country, they were a pleasure and barked very little because i set very clear rules and went out of my way to find excersize outlets off the property for them to spend time being dogs


i had to wake up at 5am to take them running even it bad weather, and spend time afterwork playing fetch and catch a squirrel even when i was tired, its a huge commitment having dogs in appartments and if you can convince your landlord to let you you still have alot of budens to overcome|||All dogs bark, most at every little sound. I would not risk your living arrangements by getting a dog your not allowed to have. Even a paper trained dog needs to go out sometimes for fun and exercise so it will be seen. But the most important thing is the noise, they do , will and can bark. Maybe others have breed suggestions that bark less but I can definetly say not to get a Chihuahua , I have one that I love dearly but he barks at voices outside, he barks at dogs on tv, he barks at doorbells on tv, he barks at pagers on tv... well you get the picture. He barks. alot|||Great...another dog will be headed for the pound because you don't follow the rules.





Grow up. Life is full of rules and you need to pay attention when you sign on the dotted line.|||A fluffy cuddly soft toy one is probably best in this case.|||I understand if this will get me thumbs-downed, but I have to say that maybe you should reconsider and wait until you are in a place that allows dogs.





The reason I say that is because a) all dogs bark and b) all dogs need to go outside -- not just for a quick two-minute potty, but also to romp and play and bark at birds and dig holes you don't want them to dig and paw at worms and chase butterflies and run around for no reason. You get what I'm saying -- it's not fair to a dog to keep him couped up and hidden all the time.





I mean, I wish you luck and everything. But really think hard about how practical it is to keep a dog hidden. It's much easier to hide a cat!|||One that you see while your not at home in your apartment. You can always do some volunteer work with dogs, or even some part time work that involves dogs to satisfy your current desire. But the reality is, that if you sneak a dog into a building that does not allow dogs sooner or later you will most likely have a problem. Dogs bark, they go to the bathroom a lot before you clean up there is an odor, all these things will lead to the dog's discovery eventually. When the dog is discovered you will have a big problem. But what is even worse than that, is that the puppy you bought could have found a permanent home where it was allowed to live while it was a puppy. The truth is that most people want puppies, and it is not fair to the puppy to only offer it a home that is uncertain whether it can stay for life. That puppy will grow into an adult and at some point need to find a permanent home or face euthanasia. As a puppy it is far, far more likely to find a secure permanent home as a puppy rather than an adult.|||Definitely NOT a maltese terrier, although I have never owned one they have been voted the most 'barkiest' of the small breeds.|||Maybe a tee cup something or other. Most places ask for a pet deposit. They don't get much bigger then you hand. If you do get one, just don't suck it up in you vacum cleaner like I had a friend do. No it didn't die. It was a shop vac.

No comments:

Post a Comment