Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is the best chew toy for my dog?

I just got a new puppy. He's 3 months old, going to 4, and he has chewed through my husbands plystation remote and my cell phone charger. I know its just a phase, but I need to get him something to chew on so he wont chew on cables. Anyone know of a good chew toy for dogs with this problem? If you have some idea's on how to keep a dog from chewing on things, I would like to know as well.|||Puppy Kong (it's blue and white). This is great for teething puppies. You don't want to get him anything harder than this because all his teeth are not in (don't get a black or red Kong just yet, wait a couple of months). What I do is stuff it with some yummy puppy deserts and freeze it and then let My German Shepherd go to town! He loves it! Keeps him entertained for a while too!|||Really odd shaped squeaky balls that have circles and triangles and odd things popping off them.|||Kong is a good one. They have lots of toys. It is good for your puppy teeth.|||You could use bones,snowman shaped ones,and that is all i know.|||a tasty bone a jar of peanut butter|||theres this apple spray thats sour. so spray that on whatever you dont want him to chew and he'll realize it tastes bad and stop. good toys-stuffed animals, as long as they dont have beans inside or a rope toy|||He's also teething too. I give my pups porkhide bones (they have very thin layers of hide within the bones and they are easy to digest. When my two were teething, I made sure I had these bones and I've given them pigs ears also b/c they can sink their teeth into them and pull and rip them apart. I do not suggest rawhides b/c they are not good with the digestive system. Then of course some rubbery/plastic toys are good too. I read my labels and stay away from things that are made in China. I know, it's very difficult!!|||Try a couple of different toys. Rubber, and rope toys are good, but try to avoid fur ones with stuffing or squeakers just in case the dog tears the toy open. Eating those can lead to a hefty vet bill. Your dog will usually pick a favorite, so just make sure he has access to his toys at all times, and try to keep shoes and other objects he would chew out of reach.|||Super durable rubber toys such as Nylabone庐 and Kong庐 brands are safe, durable and come in a variety of sizes and shapes. They can be loaded with treats, which can keep a curious puppy or dog busy for hours. Many also come with a guarantee. Use as directed|||play tug-a-war my dogs love it oh and i brush my dogs teeth cause he is my angel|||I would Deffinetly recomend a kong! they are great! i had a lot of trouble with my dog chewing anything and everything in his sight. i gave him a kong witha little peanut butter inside and he was chewing on it for hours! i couldnt get him away from it!!! and the best part is it would take years for them to chew it up so you dont have to keep buying new ones! they come in many different sizes depending on what size of dog you have! good luck!|||some hard rubber chew toys or the rawhide sticks|||Kongs are great. It sounds like your dog will need the black rubber 'king' kong. My heavy chewer hasn't broken his down into nothing yet, which is saying something (trust me!).|||My little havanese dog has eaten through 3 pairs of ipod headphones and a nunchuk for the nintendo wii. All I could do was make sure everything is out of reach. Dogs don't understand what to chew and what not to. you can't really teach them either like how u can with bathroom.|||King kong toys. They have a hole in them. Buy 2-3 of them. Put peanut butter in the hole and freeze them. The reason for 2-3 of them, you will always have at least one of them ready to go. Eventually you will not have to use the peanut butter. You can find them at Petsmart or www.petedge.com|||hes teething to ud probaby want to get a hard bone like a rawhide bone or a plastink bone i got my dog a nylabone its made out of nylon and she loves it it lasts long too she had it since she was 4 and a half monts and she 10 months now so ya thos are good options

No comments:

Post a Comment