Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How to train my toy poodle to stay in the basket while i cycle?

I got a 4 months old puppy.


I cycle a lot and would like to bring my toy poodle with me.


But she doesn't stay in the basket, she wants to jump out always.


I understand she's afraid, so I tried giving her treats while she's inside but she's still scared and always want to jump out.


Any advice on how to keep her in the basket without trying to jump out?


The basket is big enough for her to lie down, sit and turn around.





Thank you in advance!|||Just go with the basics. It worked for me and my dog and find it pretty useful.


In here are some pointers in teaching basic commands, http://miniurl.com/28505|||Place a bed or something comfy in there. Practice with the basket when it's not attached to the bike. While its on the floor, place her in it, give her a treat when she's still in it. Only treat/praise when she's in it and still. In between basket training, teach her what "stay", "sit" and "down" are. Gradually, as she gets older and better at commands, put her in a down/stay and praise! :) Get a harness (adjustable, since she'll grow more) and attach her to the basket with a very short leash (basically a handle with a clip on it).|||Attach a leash to her harness. Put her in a pet specific basket.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1ABrTDoI鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment