Sunday, September 18, 2011

What dog will get along best with my 1yo toy papillon?

I currently have a 1yo toy papillon that is very nice, playful and loving. The issue is that she barks when ever somebody enters the house. I am looking to adopt my own dog, for this papillon is the family dog. I am a 19yo male who lives at home. I haVe always been a fan of doberman but fear they are too aggressive to live with a small dog such as my papillon. Any suggestions or advice?|||I have 4 papillon's. You have to be careful with bigger dogs, but I know many papillon owners who have bigger dogs as well. A recommendation would be a labrador. They are smart dogs that tend to learn quick. They adapt well, so it would learn fast that a papillon needs more gentle play than a big dog. They can also keep up with you and your activities. I would recommend asking the person you adopt from if that dog is a good pick for you, and your papillon. You have a real good chance you will find the right dog who has the temperment you are looking for. Dobermans are guard dogs; that is a little risky, but it never hurts to ask someone who has had the breed for a long time, and is a respected mentor in the breed. Good luck!|||I think maybe you should get a papillon so that it it will get along with another papillon. But if you want a doberman pinser maybe you should get a miniture pinser. They look like a doberman but they not big enough to hurt a small dog. (If it turns out to be a mean one.) But it is your choice.





Good Luck!!! :)|||We've got Papillons and Great Danes. They do great together.

No comments:

Post a Comment