Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is the best toy race car track for a teenager?

I am a female and my male cousin told me he wanted this for Christmas. He has video games, but he said that he remembered playing with one when he was younger and he stated that it was actually more fun than video games. He is 13. There are so many to choose from in stores and onlne. I don't really know what to look for. I don't want to spend a lot of money and the toy not be worth it. But if it's worth it, I will definitely spend the money. Any help would be appreciated.|||When I was a kid I used to play with Tyco and AFX slot car racing sets. I always had what they call the "HO" scale racing sets. They're small but really good for limited space. I still have some of the racetrack from when I was a kid and a few weeks ago I got it out and played it with my 4 year old girl. She loved it.





Life-Like racing also makes racing sets and their cars are fantastic. They go super fast without falling off the track. Maybe Tyco and AFX cars are better than they used to be. I'm not sure.





There are other companies who make larger slot car tracks like the 1/32 scale but to me it would take up too much room unless you have a really big place.





So, if it was me I would probably look for a "HO" scale racetrack from Life-Like Racing or AFX. I'm not sure if Tyco is still making them. Later, if your cousin wants some different cars he can go out and buy those separately. As long as they are "HO" scale they will work on any track no matter what brand it is.





Hope this helps.|||"There are other companies who make larger slot car tracks like the 1/32 scale" - what are those companies? i'm interested in that

Report Abuse


|||talk to him and have him describe the one he had as a kid and try yo find one like that

No comments:

Post a Comment